We have put together this 5-day intense airbrush course to take the complete novice artist to an advanced level. Starting with the foundation techniques and as we progress through the week we slowly introduce more difficult techniques and extra tools required to achieve amazing art. The course covers the standard beginner class, but we introduce textures, monochrome portrait, and wildlife all within the five days. Each student will leave with 4-5 full projects they can be proud of and a complete understanding of all the techniques we use to create our award-winning art here at the Airbrush Art School.
- Types of airbrushes/spray guns, compressors, and paints used by the professionals
- Airbrush care and tools needed to maintain your airbrush equipment
- The ideal setup for beginners
- Airbrush control practice routines – Dots, Lines, Distancing, Blends, Dagger Strokes
- Mapping out your project using different mediums including free hand and stencil work
- Textures and what we use to achieve different effects – Wood, Clouds, Metals, Flames, Lightning, Stone/Rock/Slate, Flowing Materials, Water
- Monochrome Portraits – Includes erasing techniques, understanding soft and hard edges, tonal values, how to use transparent paint.
- Wildlife piece – Includes, rendering of realistic hair, background work.
- A brief discussion on surface preparation
It’s a high-quality lesson in a relaxed atmosphere in Dave’s Home studio in Headley, Newbury Road, Hampshire.
Lesson Start – 9am to 5pm
You will not need to bring anything with you as all equipment is provided. Refreshments will be provided during the day, but please bring a light lunch with you or you can use the local store that’s just a few minutes away.
We have all the tools on sale that you use throughout the day, so you will be ready to put into practice what you have mastered in the class when you get home!
If you have any questions about the day, please contact us before booking – email@example.com